Welcome! Your success is important to us, and we are here to help you.
To ensure all students at Southern California University of Health Sciences receives equal and fair treatment throughout their education, regardless of disability.
Examples of short term disability: mothers breast feeding, broken leg, etc.
Examples of long term disability: dyslexia, cerebral palsy.
SCU Promises to:
- Ensure services for students with disabilities follows the student code of ethics set forth by the Association of Higher Education and Disabilities.
- Serve as an advocate for student with disabilities to ensure equal access
- Provide disability representation on relevant campus committees
- Provide referral information to students with disabilities regarding campus and community resources
- Provide consultation with faculty regarding academic accommodation and compliance with legal responsibilities as well as instructional, programmatic, physical and curriculum modifications
- Provide individual disability awareness training for campus constituencies
- Maintain records that document the plan for provision of selected accommodations
- Determine appropriate academic adjustments consistent with student documentation
Director, Academic Support Office
Phone: 562-947-8755 ext 512
Phone: 562-947-8755 ext 459