Expect aftershocks over the next hours and days.
- Check yourself and others for injuries. Report injuries to supervisor or emergency personnel.
- Use your training to provide first aid, use of fire extinguishers, clean up spills, etc.
- Assess your surroundings, and check for damage and hazardous conditions. Report them to supervisor or emergency personnel.
- Stay clear of buildings, trees, or other falling hazard areas.
- Move to evacuation assembly areas.
- Follow directions of emergency personnel.
When to go home:
In the event of a major earthquake, be prepared to stay on campus. You should not try to get home until emergency personnel say it is safe, the streets are cleared for travel, and most emergency conditions have been stabilized. The campus is prepared to provide emergency care and shelter in partnership with the American Red Cross.