Do I need to submit a Petition to Graduate? Yes, this provides us with information on where to send your diploma and how you would like your name displayed on the diploma.
How do I petition to graduate? Each graduate must fill out a petition to graduate. Follow these steps:
- Log into MySCU: https://my.scuhs.edu/ics/
- Click on Students at the top
- Click on Transcripts and Reports on the left
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, under Student Forms, click on Petition to Graduate
- Questions? Email Registrar@scuhs.edu
What happens if I don’t submit a Petition to Graduate by the deadline? If you don’t submit your petition by the deadline, your name will be printed as it is recorded in the SCU system, and it may deliver to the incorrect address. Additional fees may apply if a duplicate diploma is required because of an incorrect address due to the failure to submit a Graduation Petition.
Can I pick up my diploma? Diplomas are ordered by the Registrar's Office through Parchment Award Service and will be mailed directly to students 4-6 weeks after the grades post. A digital diploma will be available before the arrival of the paper diploma that can be used for licensing or employment.
I just changed my name, can I have it printed on my diploma? Your name will appear on your diploma as it is recorded in the SCU Student System. However, you can submit a “Name Change” request to the Registrar’s Office. This must be submitted before the diploma is ordered. Name change requests may not reflect in the Commencement Ceremony booklet.
Name Change requests can also be made for the addition/removal of special characters, lower/upper case corrections, or misspellings.
When will my degree post to my transcript? Graduation details will be added to the transcript after all degree requirements have been confirmed. This process can take up to 2 weeks after grades post.
I am graduating from the Doctor of Chiropractic program; how do I submit my documents to the California Board of Chiropractic Examiners? The Registrar’s office sends the CBCE a packet on behalf of the DC graduates. It will consist of an official transcript, a copy of the diploma, Chiropractic College Certification with the breakdown of clinical hours, and a Verification of Pre-Chiropractic hours. Please allow 3-4 weeks after grades post for the information to be sent to the Board.
For additional questions and information regarding Petition to Graduate, Diplomas, Transcripts, etc. send an email to Registrar@scuhs.edu or call 562-947-8755 ext. 190.
How do I order my regalia? You may begin ordering your regalia on June 7th. Ordering closes on Oct 6th to ensure your regalia is shipped on time. Orders placed after this date, we cannot guarantee will arrive prior to the ceremony.
Your graduation fee covers the cost of your cap and gown. All graduates participating in the ceremony must wear proper regalia. Follow these steps to place your order:
- Visit Herff Jones Regalia Ordering. Use this site only for regalia. Accessories will be on a different site listed below.
- Enter Southern California University of Health Sciences into the search field.
- Select method of shipping (see below).
- Follow the remaining steps.
- Announcements are available for purchase.
Pick up vs. shipping guidelines:
- Pick up Cap and Gown - no shipping cost to you - you will receive an email with pick up instructions a few weeks prior to the ceremony. Select this option if you do not mind receiving your regalia close to the ceremony date!
- Ship cap and gown home - you are responsible for paying shipping cost - your cap and gown will be shipped directly to you within 5-10 business days. Select this option if you would like your regalia early!
Are cords given to graduates? Gold cords are given to graduates qualifying for honors. These cords can be picked-up at the library. Please email SCULibrary@scuhs.edu for hours of operation. No other cords are available for students to purchase.
Can I order additional items for graduation? Order graduation announcements, stoles, college ring, and other Herff Jones Graduation products designed for you by visiting https://www.herffjones.com/.
For additional questions and information regarding Regalia, the Commencement Ceremony, etc send an email to StudentServices@scuhs.edu