Welcome to the new mySCU! We will continue to add content and functionality over the next several weeks. "Old" MySCU content can be accessed here: https://MySCU-Resources.scuhs.edu with your usual login.
Student Life creates opportunities for students to enhance their academic, professional, and social development through intentional, goal specific events and activities. Students will gain experience, create meaningful relationships, network, and grow their skills and knowledge.
Here is how you can improve your student life at SCU:
We want to hear from you! Do you have an idea for a great event? Do you have a recommendation? What would you like to see more of on campus? Do you have any questions about student life? Email StudentServices@scuhs.edu .
Council of Clubs & Organizations (CCO)
The CCO is committed to creating unique and engaging opportunities for all students. And it begins with you - whether you start a new club or attend a student event, your involvement helps you connect to others.
For a full list of clubs, check out Club Contact Info Spreadsheet.
You will find each club's mission statement, contact information, and social media channels. When you find a club you want to join or if you have questions about a club, contact them! Clubs enjoy meeting new students and are enthusiastic about growing their memberships. You may contact as many clubs as you want!
How do I join a club?
Review the Active Student Clubs and Organization list on this page. If you have questions about a club or want to join, please email the club directly. You will receive information from the club's organizer on their unique application processes.
How do I start a club?
1. Review and fill out this application. Find an advisor - click here for their responsibilities.
2. Email the application to CCO@scuhs.edu and wait for a response.
3. Questions? Email CCO@scuhs.edu
4. It is that easy!
How do I create an event?
Hosting an event is a great way to create unique opportunities that will promote engagement and increase knowledge leading to a more well-rounded and professional student. If you are a club hosting an event, your event must be approved by your club advisor. If you are not part of club, your event must be approved by Student Services. Anyone can request to host an event.
Examples of events are: asking someone to speak about a specific topic (i.e., speaker); fundraising; workshops; seminars; volunteer; etc.
Speakers invited to discuss a specific topic or host a seminar or workshop must be pre-approved before creating your event. Speakers fall into one of two categories:
1. SCU speaker: these individuals are members of the SCU community. Ex: alumni, students, faculty, clinicians, etc. SCU speakers are usually pre-approved. However, if there are concerns with your SCU speaker, your event can be denied.
2. Non-SCU speaker: these individuals are not members of the SCU community. Ex: work colleagues, influencers, individuals you met through networking or website researching, etc. Non-SCU speakers must be approved by your club advisor or Student Services before creating your event. If you do not have a club advisor or if you are not part of a club, please email StudentServices@scuhs.edu for further assistance.
1. If you have a speaker, make sure they are approved by a club advisor or Student Services (email StudentServices@scuhs.edu with your request)
2. Take time to consider your dates; will this conflict with anything important? Plan at least one month ahead of time.
3. Fill out this form: https://forms.office.com/r/PU8vnUZQLR
4. Wait for a response which can include approving the event or requesting more information. You may not host an event until you receive an official approval email from Student Services.
Email CCO@scuhs.edu or ASB@scuhs.edu with any questions.
How do I create a flyer for my event?
A flyer is a great way to promote your event. SCU's Marketing Team is happy to help share your event on their social media pages. To get your flyer posted quickly, you must follow these steps:
1. Use this link to create a pre-approved flyer templates (these are the only templates acceptable): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CgkJyxbwgI4GduRbrJWbETZQ-MU5zZldvzkDW3RiRY8/edit
2. Once completed, download your flyer and email it to Amy Donofrio AmyDonofrio@scuhs.edu and CCO@scuhs.edu.
3. It can take up to 3-4 weeks to post your flyer - plan ahead!
Questions? Email CCO@scuhs.edu or ASB@scuhs.edu
Booking a space such as a classroom is easy! Requests must be made 7-10 business days in advance. We will do everything we can to accommodate your request.
Step 1: Your event must be approved
Your event must be approved by Student Services prior to booking a room. If you are unsure if your event is approved, email StudentServices@scuhs.edu .
Step 2: Read this statement
By submitting a reservation you understand and agree to the following statement: Clubs practicing manual manipulation or any form of touch related procedures must have their club advisor present. No student is permitted to perform any technique without the presence of a licensed professional within that field. Violations of this policy (and state law) will lead to dismissal from their program. If you do not understand or agree to this statement or our policy, you cannot move forward with reserving a room - you must email StudentServices@scuhs.edu for next steps.
Step 3: Email Students Services your request
After reading the statement above, complete your reservation by emailing StudentServices@scuhs.edu with the following items:
2. Frequency of need (is this on-going or a one time need?)
3. Desired location/place
4. Number of expected attendees
5. Purpose for request. Including information such as: club meetings (provide club name); what is the room going to be used for; and any other helpful information.
You will receive a response within 7 business days.
If you need assistance or have questions, please email StudentServices@scuhs.edu